2013 Wetumpka Herald All Area TeamPublished 2:38pm Monday, June 10, 2013
• GAGE PREGNO (Edgewood | LHP | Samford) — Pregno made his first year as an Edgewood Academy Wildcat a memorable one, pitching the reigning champions into their first Class A championship and fifth title in a row. He ended the year 11-2 with a 0.77 ERA in 72 innings.
• COLTON CAMPBELL (Holtville | SS | Washington and Lee) — Coach Kevin Hall calls Campbell the team’s most improved player. After serving as a roleplayer in 2012, Campbell stepped up as a leader during the 2012 season. The Bryant-Jordan scholar posted a .358 average with 40 hits, 28 runs scored and 24 RBIs.
• JED CARTER (TALLASSEE | RHP | L.B.Wallace C.C.)
Carter capped the 2012 season with flashes of things to come. In 2013, he owned the mound for the Tigers setting a school record with 16 strikeouts in one game. He capped the year with 117 strike outs and a 1.97 ERA
• TYLER BLACK (Elmore County | Utility | Uncommitted)
The undecided Panther ended his Eclectic run as a dual threat. On the bump, the 2012 AHSAA All-Star worked 34 innings and posted a 0.61 ERA. At the dish he batted .363 with a .451 slugging and accounted for 39 runs.
• ROD BOYKIN (Edgewood | CF | Alabama State | San Diego Padres)
A Wildcat with legitimate MLB draft buzz, Boykin batted .552 with 21 extra-base hits and five home runs. After swiping 52 bases, he used his 69 hits to account for 122 Edgewood runs. Boykin was drafted over the weekend by the San Diego Padres.
• CHARLIE CRENSHAW (Wetumpka | CF | Jr)
From the leadoff position, Crenshaw often provided the spark in the Indians line-up as he led the team with a .850 OPS (on-base plus slugging). He ended the year batting .350 with 36 hits and 26 runs scored.
• JOSEPH KELLY (Elmore County | Utility | Uncommitted)
Kelly continued his trend as a threat at the plate in his final year as a Panther, batting .341 with three home runs, 10 extra-base hits and a combined 49 runs.
• GARRETT HEAD (New Life | Utility | Jr)
By far, head was the lead Eagle this season posting a .610 average, a 1.268 slugging percentage and seven home runs as New Life soared to 20 wins. On the mound he was unbeaten; 8-0 with a 1.60 ERA and 76 strikeouts.
• BAILEY HANSEN (Edgewood | RHP/C | Jax St.)
The shining moment of the AISA All-Star’s senior season was the no-hitter he twirled in Game 1 of the AISA Championship series. Hansen, on the bump, was 9-0 with a 1.65 ERA and 72 strikeouts.
• CORBIN SHAW (Stanhope Elmore | 1B | Uncommitted)
The senior led the Mustangs offense this season posting an average that hovered around .360. Shaw’s ability to put the ball in play proved his greatest strength.
• DALTON SHEPHERD (Wetumpka | Utility | Jr)
Like Shaw, Shepherd’s strength wasn’t in the long ball as shown by his five extra-base hits. His strength was the ability to push runners home with 34 hits.
• AUSTIN ANDERSON (Stanhope Elmore | SS | AUM)
In his final year in Millbrook, Anderson batted only .290, but coach Scott Johnson pointed out his ability to lead emerged during area-play.
• Brandon Arnold (Elmore County | P/1B | SR)
• Christian Montague (Wetumpka | P | FR)
• Jackson Geddie (Holtville | P | SR)
Honorable Mention: Ty Hall (Holtville), Lee Gunter (Wetumpka)
• Clayton Shepherd (Wetumpka | C | Soph)
• Hayden Lott (Holtville | 1B | Faulkner State)
• Logan Jozwiak (New Life | 2B | Faulkner)
• Michael Wayne Walls (Elmore County | SS | Soph)
• Brandon Baynes (Tallassee | 3B | Soph)
Honorable Mention: Brandon Dunn (Holtville), Taylor Hawthorne (Edgewood), Dylan Sexton (Stanhope Elmore) Baker Weldon (Wetumpka), Cody Herring (Wetumpka), Jolin Stierenger (Edgewood), Hunter Stubbs (Wetumpka), Blaine Milam (Stanhope Elmore), Zac Davis (Holtville)
• Dalton Speigner (Holtville |OF | Jr)
• Austin Adams (Elmore County | OF | Jr)
• Sammy Britton (Wetumpka | OF | Jr)
Honorable Mention: Hunter Glenn (Edgewood), Gray Geddie (Holtville), Ethan Hassellbring (New Life), Levi Hassellbring (New Life), Heath Young (Edgewood)
• Dylan Ingram (Edgewood |DH | Mississippi State)
• John Mark Cosby (Edgewood |DH | Jeff Davis C.C.)
• Jesse Rowlen (Tallassee |DH | Sr)
• Jordan Lowe (Elmore County | Utility | Jr)
• Andrew Casey (Stanhope Elmore | Utility | Jr