2013 Wetumpka Herald All-Area Softball TeamPublished 10:25am Wednesday, June 19, 2013
• CHONTANEE COMBS (Holtville | OF | Alabama State) — The first Division I female to come from Holtville, Combs stepped in as an offensive leader during the 2013 campaign. She batted .359 with 26 extra-base hits and a combined 70 runs (34 RBI).
• COURTNEY RICHARDSON (Wetumpka | OF | Soph) – In her first full varsity season, Richardson set the tone for the Tribe down the road. She posted a .400 batting average with 27 extra-base hits and three home runs. She accounted for 24 RBIs and scored 48 times.
• JOURDAN FORADORI (Stanhope Elmore | SS | Southern Union State C.C.) – Foradori parlayed last season’s success into a trip to college. She came in her final season swinging, posted .407 average (.451 slugging) with 20 runs scored, eight extra-base hits and a home run.
• KENDALL COX (Holtville | C | Northwest Florida State C.C. ) – The Lady Bulldogs backstop for the past three seasons capped her career as one of the team’s most productive players. Cox batted .356 with 20 extra-base hits and 41 runs scored.
• KELSEY HARTLEY (Edgewood | DH/P | Jr) – The new-to-Edgewood junior set a single-season record for home runs (16) and earned an All-State spot. In the process she plated 67 run. Inside the circle, she fanned 291 batters as Edgewood’s every-day starter.
• ELISSA BROWN (Elmore County | INF | Fr) – In her second year as a varsity starter, she batted a team high .422 with a .627 slugging average. She also rattled off 12 extra-base hits, scored 43 times and homered twice.
• HEATHER HUDGINS (New Life Christian | Utility | Sr) – The lead Lady Eagle proved to be troublesome for opponents both at the dish (batting .561 with four home runs) and inside the pitching circle (a 14-2 mark with a 0.76 ERA).
• JAMAICA WILLIAMS (Wetumpka | 3B | Lurleen B Wallace C.C.) – The strong-armed soon-to-be Lady Saint came through in the clutch posting a .318 average (.579 slugging) and four home runs. She drove home 31 Lady Indians with a total of 34 hits (16 for extra bases).
• TONIBETH GARNER (Holtville | P | Chattahoochee Valley C.C.) – She’s not the type that will blow the ball by a batter, but she was effective and parlayed her skills into a college scholarship. In her final season in Slapout, Garner posted a 15-8 record with a 2.45 ERA.
• KAITLYN McCURDY (Elmore County | DH | Jr) – McCurdy stepped to the plate this season and made an impact. Batting .358, she pushed 32 runners home on 34 hits (eight doubles and a home run).
• CAITY JO LEE (Edgewood | 2B | 8th) – The youngest person on the list gave Wildcats fans a taste of things to come this season with a .403 average.
• SYDNEY DIXON (Wetumpka | 2B | Pensacola State C.C.) – In her final season Dixon batted .278 and scored 26 runs. Batting at different spots in the order, the slapper doubled three times and drove 14 runs home.
• Lauren Lett (Wetumpka | P | So)
• Dani Oates (Holtville | P | Jr)
• Amanda Ingram (Stanhope Elmore | P | So)
Honorable Mention: Alyssa Reynolds (Stanhope Elmore) Kirstie Reynolds (Stanhope Elmore) Savannah Reaves (Wetumpka)
• Blair Denman (Stanhope Elmore | C | Wallace-Dothan)
• Alex Christian (Wetumpka | 1B | So)
• Paige Meadows (Tallassee | 2B | So)
• Hannah Ray (Holtville | SS | Sr)
• Brooke Ward (Tallassee | 3B | So)
Honorable Mention: Destinee Brewer (Wetumpka), Justine Meadows (Elmore County), Keslie Hogan (Stanhope Elmore), Courtney Rambo (Holtville / Chattahoochee Valley), Kevi Hansen (Edgewood), Brooklyn Weldon (Wetumpka) Julianne Wilkes (New Life Christian)
• Chandler Thornton (Edgewood | OF | Sr)
• Olivia Royal (Elmore County | OF | Jr.)
• Sarah Dorman ( Stanhope Elmore | OF | Southern Union State C.C.)
Honorable Mention: Mia Mitchell (Wetumpka), Makayla Pickron (Elmore County), Caitlyn Hudson (Stanhope Elmore / Huntingdon) Cameron Wilson (Holtville), Kiara Wilson (Tallassee)
• Brooke Nettles (Elmore County | DH | Jr)
• Alexis Strickland (Wetumpka | DH | Chattahochee
• Kelsi Spires (New Life Christian | DH | So)