Breaking News

Harrison appointed Elmore County schools superintendent

Peggy Blackburn

Herald Managing Editor

BOE to consider changes to capital plan

The hottest topic for the Elmore County Board of Education Thursday evening was addressed during the work session. Under discussion was a proposal to amend ... Read more

TPI challenges businesses to chill out for charity

TPI challenges businesses to chill out for charity

Anyone who visits Facebook regularly and has more than a few friends on their list is sure to have seen videos of the Cold Water ... Read more

Police chief, deputy chief placed on administrative leave

Wetumpka’s top two law enforcement officers are on paid administrative leave while an investigation is conducted into accusations of “wrongdoing” made against them. Mayor Jerry ... Read more

Rain won’t wash out River & Blues

The current weather forecast predicts a 30 percent chance of rain Friday and a 70 percent chance of rain Saturday. But even if some liquid ... Read more