About 20 of the fiercest paddlers in the world who converged on Alabama this month for a statewide race, the Great Alabama 650, which tests the will of even the most extreme athletes.
Racers face whitewater, battle tidewater currents, and hike around a dozen dams in this 650-mile, adventure-style paddle race that kicked off in Northeast Alabama on Friday, Sept. 18.
In Wetumpka, each racer received a painted paddle as a keepsake from their journey. Each paddle was hand painted by students at Wetumpka High School.
- Johnson's touchdown pass leads Wetumpka past Stanhope and into playoffs
- Wetumpka, Stanhope Elmore clash for final playoff spot
- Sylacauga’s explosive second quarter steers it past Holtville
- James "Jim" Curlee
- Holtville's Garrett Ingram brings versatility to Southern Union State CC
- Three missing juveniles from the Boys and Girls Ranch campus in Camphill have been located
- Incident reports of the Wetumpka Police Department from Oct. 6 to Oct. 12
- The Wharf Casual Seafood holds ribbon cutting
- Scarecrow Row opens in downtown Wetumpka
- MaePop's enters final round of Bama's Best Beef competition
- PHOTOS: Wetumpka vs Stanhope Elmore
- Holtville football against Sylacauga
- PHOTOS: Edgewood Academy vs Chambers Academy
- PHOTOS: Edgewood Academy Homecoming Court
- Photos: Elmore County volleyball competes at super regional
- PHOTOS: Stanhope Elmore Holds Emotional Homecoming Pep Rally
- Wetumpka volleyball area championship
- PHOTOS: Stanhope Elmore football vs Calera
- Photos: Edgewood Academy vs Lakeside School
- Holtville vs. Central of Clay County football