Due to the coronavirus spreading throughout the state and into Elmore County, many local businesses and organizations are taking precautionary measures by announcing closures and making other changes.
This list will be updated as information changes. It is current as of April 7.
OPEN BUT WITH EXCEPTIONS
• PNC Bank and First Community Bank have closed their lobbies and recommend customers use drive-thru, mobile or online banking.
• Regions Bank, ASE Credit Union, and Valley Bank lobbies are open by appointment but encourage customers use the banks' drive-thru services.
• Eclectic Town Hall asks residents to conduct business by phone at 334-541-4429 or online at www.townofeclectic.com. If it is necessary to speak to someone in person, the police department door will remain unlocked during business hours.
• Elmore County Jail is open to inmate visitors. All visits will be conducted by video until mid-April.
• Elmore County Sheriff's Department asks the public to renew and apply for pistol permits online at www.elmoreso.com. If a personal visit is required, please call 334-567-5546 to make arrangements.
• Wetumpka City Hall will be open from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. beginning March 25. The city asks city residents to conduct business by phone at 334-567-5147, online at www.cityofwetumpka.com or use drive-thru services.
• Elmore County Commission facilities are closed to the public. Please visit www.elmoreco.org or call 334-567-1156.
• Walmart in Wetumpka and the Walmart in Millbrook are temporarily operating from 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• Adullam House Thrift Store is closed until further notice.
• Coaches Corner, Must Stop Café, Smokin’ S Bar-B-Que, Hog Rock Bar-B-Q, River Perk Café, Giuseppe’s Italia Cucina, Smokehouse Pit BBQ and El Rancho Grande are still open for curbside service.
• Grumpy Dog, Copper House Deli, Thai Town and Los Maya’s Mexican are available for delivery through the Waitr app. They are also open for curbside service.
• Woodcraft Café is offering curbside service and to-go orders. It will also offer to-go family meals with full casseroles.
• Piggly Wiggly in Eclectic is open to customers 60 years or older from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. every Wednesday.
• Millbrook Food Outlet is open to customers 60 years or older from 6:30 a.m. to 8 a.m. every Wednesday.
CLOSED UNTIL CERTAIN TIME OR FURTHER NOTICE
• Wind Creek Casino is closed until further notice.
• ALEA Driver License offices are closed to public access until further notice.
• The Kelly Fitzpatrick Memorial Gallery is closed until further notice.
• The State of Alabama Department of Veterans (ADVA) is closed until further notice. The office is available by phone at 334-567-1156 ext. 5016 and email at email@example.com.
• Wetumpka YMCA is closed until April 30.
• The Elmore County Museum is temporarily closed to the public until further notice.
• The Wetumpka Public Library is temporarily closed to the public until further notice.
• The Wetumpka Senior Center is temporarily closed until further notice.
• The Elmore County Extension is temporarily closed. For more information, you may reach Elmore County Extension coordinator Katrina Mitchell at 334-425-9599 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Coosa Cleaver is closed until further notice.
• The Yellow Daffodil Boutique has closed its storefront until further notice. It will still accept online orders.
• Bless Your Heart of Alabama in Eclectic is closed until further notice but will continue to accept online orders.
• Cowlicks Salon, China Garden, San Marcos, Yummy Thai, Our Place Cafe, Coosa River Craft House and Ding How are closed until further notice.
EVENT CANCELLATIONS/MEETING SUSPENSIONS
• Boy Scouts of America Tukabatchee Area Council has closed its office and all camps until April 20.
• Girl Scouts of Southern Alabama has suspended all activities, programs, meetings, trainings and property reservations until April 30.
• Main Street Wetumpka’s Coosapalooza Brewfest has been postponed.
• Downtown Eggstravaganza Easter Egg Hunt has been postponed.
• Millbrook Area Chamber of Commerce’s big fish bass tournament on April 11 and shark tank on April 30 have both been canceled.