Police recently took a 20-year-old Millbrook man into custody on multiple felony kidnapping and robbery charges.
According to court documents, Antoine Treamaine Barron Jr., who lists an address on Nettle Drive, was arrested by the Millbrook Police Department on Dec. 10 and charged with four counts of first-degree robbery, four counts of second-degree kidnapping and one count of first-degree burglary.
Two juvenile suspects were taken into custody on Thursday, the MPD said.
According to an affidavit, police were called to a residence on Oaktree Road in Millbrook on the night of Dec. 8 after receiving a call concerning a home invasion robbery.
The affidavit alleged three or four unidentified black men entered the residence. One of the suspects was said to be armed with a revolver and another armed with a long knife.
The affidavit stated three victims — two adults and a child — were forced to sit on the couch. The men allegedly made demands for money and threatened to kill the child if the other victims did not comply.
During the robbery, the affidavit stated the child was taken at gunpoint to his room and forced to give up his Sony Playstation 4, video games and a controller, while the adult victims were forced to hand over the keys to their 2012 Hyundai Sonata.
According to court documents, two of the victims’ relatives arrived at the residence as one of the suspects was starting the car. One of the relatives was forced into the residence at gunpoint, per court documents, while the other took the keys from the running vehicle and tried to flee in her own car.
“The suspects ran to her vehicle and began beating on the windows and told her that they ‘wouldn’t kill her if she gave them the keys to the Hyundai,'” the affidavit read.
Police said they saw the Hyundai on Oaktree Road and attempted to stop it. However, they said the car continued moving, lost control and crashed into a nearby tree. Police chief P.K. Johnson said officers believe the suspects ran away from the vehicle.
Barron was later identified by officers as one of the suspects, per court documents.
“We have reason to believe that (Barron) and his accomplices may have been familiar with the victim and his residence,” Johnson said.
After his arrest, Johnson said Barron was booked into the Elmore County Jail on $330,000 bonds.
First-degree burglary and first-degree robbery are Class A felonies. If convicted, Barron could face a life sentence in prison. Second-degree kidnapping is a Class B felony, which is punishable by a maximum of 20 years in prison.
On Thursday, the MPD announced two additional suspects had been apprehended, one 15 and the other 14. Johnson said because they are juveniles, police are not releasing their names.
“It saddens me to see people so young involved in this. They have no idea the severity of their actions or the fact that people have the right to defend themselves,” Johnson said. “They are extremely fortunate that no one was injured or killed.”
Anyone with additional information concerning the case is encouraged to call the MPD at 334-285-6832 or the Secret Witness Line at 334-285-8500.