The window of opportunity to complete the 2020 Census is slowly closing.
With doubts surrounding the 2020 college football season, several players and coaches have taken to social media over the past few weeks to express their interest in having a season this year. The hashtag #WeWantToPlay started to become more popular on Sunday evening but things really took o…
Happy election season, y’all. College football season still might not happen and, in Alabama, by God that’ll be a travesty, but hey, election season may be just as entertaining.
I am very rarely an over-pessimistic kind of person, but I have unfortunately started to see that side of me come through a little more over the past few weeks as sports leagues across the country developed plans to return to the field or court despite all signs suggesting otherwise.
If you have already listened to last week’s episode of Inside the Lines Podcast, you already know my thoughts on high school athletes returning to practice June 1. I am craving the return of sports as much as everyone else but I have to admit I’m a little worried an early return during the t…
- Dollar Tree/Family Dollar superstore coming to Eclectic
- Edgewood cancels trip to Pike Liberal after positive COVID test
- UPDATE: Elmore County Schools will be open on Thursday
- Some Alabama Power customers without power in Elmore County
- Elmore County Player of the Week: Teddy Harris shines despite Mustangs’ defeat
- School activity center renamed to honor W.B. Doby
- Stanhope Elmore shuts out Chilton County
- Pickett helps Bulldogs get back to winning ways
- Millbrook church hosting free Zumba class
- Elmore County Schools making strides in STEM education
- PHOTOS: Wetumpka football visits Benjamin Russell
- PHOTO GALLERY: Eclectic Trade Day
- PHOTOS: Stanhope Elmore takes down region foe in return home
- PHOTOS: Elmore County hosts Holtville in area volleyball showdown
- PHOTOS: Wetumpka takes down Mustangs in area matchup
- PHOTOS: Tallassee travels to Eclectic for annual rivalry with Panthers
- PHOTOS: Stanhope Elmore hosts Benjamin Russell in region opener
- PHOTOS: Wetumpka hosts ECHS in county volleyball showdown
- PHOTO GALLERY: Merchants Market fun
- PHOTOS: Holtville, Tallassee open season on the volleyball court
As we get further and further away from the last sporting event, I have had to turn to several different ways to get my sports fill. I spent time over the weekend watching game replays, playing video games and reading some of my favorite books on sports.
After the AHSAA announced its suspension of the spring sports season effective Wednesday due to the coronavirus outbreak, teams were faced with the reality of their time together suddenly being limited. Several schools began canceling events immediately while others attempted to reschedule s…
Mr. William L. Strength, Jr. age 83, of Wetumpka, Alabama passed away at his residence January 20, 2020. Mr. Strength is survived by the mother of his children, Martha Strength; daughter Stephanie (Mike) Hafley; son Brian Strength; brother Richard(Mary Jo) Strength; sisters Joy(Murray)Doroug…
It is not really a secret most major holidays come with a slate of games dedicated to one sport or another. Thanksgiving belongs to the NFL, New Year’s Day belongs to college football, Independence Day belongs to MLB and Boxing Day belongs to soccer.
Reeltown football coach Matt Johnson has never hidden the fact he’s a Christian man. He uses the principles instilled from his religion to guide his student-athletes to not just become better football players but, more importantly, to become better men.
As preparation continued for another week of the NFL season last week, I saw a quote from Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield that rubbed me the wrong way. I’m not sure what exactly he meant by it but it didn’t the attention it should have gotten and it became a joke on ESPN talk shows.