Elmore County Schools will be closed on Friday, according to Superintendent Richard Dennis.
Wetumpka High School principal Dr. Robbie Slater recently announced that senior Hannah Beumer has been named a Commended Student in the 2021 National Merit Scholarship Program.
Stella Kirkpatrick was the center of attention on Monday as robotics students at Wetumpka High School presented her and her family with a modified motorized toy car.
Elmore County Schools is working diligently alongside STARBASE Maxwell 2.0 to help close the gender that exists in technology by providing a STEM program to middle school girls.
Employees and volunteers with the Elmore County Board of Education's Child Nutrition Program and the Emergency Management Agency were recently honored by the Elmore County Commission for their efforts in coordinating meal distribution for students during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Elmore County issues impassable travel advisory
- Mustangs win third straight over rival Wetumpka
- Go big or go home: Wetumpka man builds 21-foot scarecrow
- Much of county still without power after Hurricane Zeta, some roads reopen
- Elmore County Player of the Week: Whitlow Jr. caps busy week with dominant performance
- Elmore County Food Pantry experiencing food shortage, residents asked to help
- Bulldogs battle to bring playoffs back home
- Elmore County Schools closed Thursday due to weather
- 2020 Halloween happenings
- Unveiling ceremony held for W.B. Doby Activity Center
- PHOTOS: Readers submit photos of damage in Elmore County
- PHOTOS: Stanhope Elmore battles Wetumpka in annual rivalry game
- PHOTOS: Holtville hosts Sylacauga with home playoff game on the line
- PHOTOS: Wetumpka, Calera trade blows in high-scoring affair
- PHOTOS: Elmore County falls to Beauregard
- PHOTOS: Edgewood pulls off upset against No. 2 Chambers
Verizon Authorized Wireless Retailers recently announced its TCC and Wireless Zone stores are donating 140,000 backpacks full of school supplies during its eighth annual School Rocks Backpack Giveaway.
At an Elmore County Board of Education meeting on Tuesday, superintendent Richard Dennis cleared up some confusion surrounding the reopening of schools in August.
Two recently graduated Stanhope Elmore seniors, Laurel Bacon and Conner Bradford, have joined the ranks of Elmore County students to be named winners of the Joe Sewell Memorial Award and John Sewell Scholarship.
With the selection of 2020 Wetumpka graduate Case Edwards as sentinel to the state Future Farmers of America, the school is tied for having the most number of officers elected to serve the organization.
Elmore County Schools Superintendent Richard Dennis said the school is prepared to begin school the 2020-21 year Aug.10 no matter the health level the school system is under at that time.
After serving as the director of Elmore County Technical Center for the past six years, Dr. Jimmy Hull resigned from the position and was confirmed at an Alabama State Department of Education board meeting as assistant state superintendent of career technical education and workforce development.
The video production program at Wetumpka High School is giving students valuable real-world experience, improving the students’ portfolios and leading to more opportunities.
April Mize Davis said growing up in Holtville gave her the tools to succeed in the construction business which typically attracts more males than females.
Redland Elementary School special education teacher Meredith Mitchell was recently announced by the Alabama Department of Education as one of 16 finalists for Teacher of the Year.
Elmore County Schools superintendent Richard Dennis updated the Elmore County Board of Education on several items including summer programs available to students.